Apple pay was brought out by Apple to enable iPhone and iPad users to easily make their daily payments online. They can easily do this by adding there visa, MasterCard, discover or American express Card and making payments such as public transport, payments in shops and transferring money.
How to set up Apple pay on iPhone
- Go to wallet App
- Tap on add credit or debit card option, then tap on next button
- Scan your credit or debit card or put in your card details manually
- Then verify your card details with your bank
How to add a card in Apple Pay
- Open the Wallet App
- Tap on + button
- Tap on Next
- Physically enter or scan your credit or debit card details and also input your card expiration date.
- Tap on agree button to accept terms and conditions.
How to change default card on apple pay
You can easily switch between cards when you want to make transactions. So making a card default would make your transactions easier, but if you want to change the default card here are the steps;
- Open the settings App on your iPhone
- Tap on wallet &Apple Pay
- Tap on default card
- Tap on the card you want to use as default
How to remove a card from Apple Pay
If you decide that you no longer need a card either credit or debit, here are the steps to remove it;
- Launch Settings App
- Tap on wallet & Apple Pay
- Tap on credit card you want to remove
- Tap on remove card
How to authorize card for Apple Pay
Different banks have their own different ways of authorizing cards for Apple Pay. They authorize cards by sending an activation code through email, text and call.
- Click on Next after selecting your verification method
- Tap on Enter code
- Enter your verification code
- Tap on Next and then Done
Apple phones which are compatible with Apple Pay
Before you start setting up Apple pay on your Apple device, you have to know which Apple devices can support the Apple pay.
Here are list of iPhones which are compatible with Apple pay;
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 plus
- iPhone 8
- iPhone 8 plus
Is it safe for me to use Apple Pay?
Using Apple Pay for your transactions is definitely safe, this is because when you were entering your bank details, it was verified using your finger print ID and other private codes known only by you which therefore makes it difficult for anyone to hack payments or tamper with your transactions.
- Also read: How to update iPhone ios
How to set up Apple Pay on Apple Watch
If you decide to also use the Apple Pay on your Apple watch, these are the steps to do so.
- Go to my watch tab
- Tap on wallet and Apple Pay
- Add a card by scanning or entering your card details
- Tap on Next to verify your information with your bank
- Tap on Next to complete the process